Friday, April 21, 2006

I've got that smallmouth tick again...

OK I admit it. It was a complete blast today. Fished a local feeder creek for the first time this year. The quillbacks are in by the hundreds.. almost thousands. They were everywhere in every inch of the stream... fast water, slow water, no water. Hell I expected to see them up in the trees or sitting in my truck when I got back.

Anyways... Salmos® were the ticket. I started off throwing the Salmo® Bullhead™ and picked up a scrappy SM on my first cast.

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

They were just hammering the Bullhead™. Got another fish in the next pool, and the next, and so on..

Image hosting by wtfpix.com
Ended up with a total of 8 smallies plus one green bass in a 45 minute lunch break. At the end of my run I switched to the Salmo® Perch™ and worked my way back up picking up a couple additional fish. In a deep pool I got slammed by a 6 lb ..

Image hosting by wtfpix.com
That fought like a monster. What a great day! The smallies weren't huge, the biggest was 12" but I forgot how much fun they are. They make a Largemouth fight seem like a wet sock!. I'm bringing the waders next time _ Mike

Oh yeah I forgot. The ticks are really bad in Chicagoland this year so keep an eye out for those little @#$%'s. I hate em!
I've gotten one or two the past 5 times I've gone out. I can feel them crawling on me right now.. EWWWWWWW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home