Saturday, November 03, 2007

It's just not fair.

Ok.. so, you all know my good friend John. My fishing partner on the Taltson Trip John. Customfish northwoods reporter John.
Well, John went fishing again. For..oh..I dunno...like the last 2 weeks.
He sent me this. His new personal best. 50.50" x 24".
Did I mention I hate John?? No?? I hate John. Although I want John's life. Ironic, isn't it?

John's report:
Just returned from 13 days on the water in Northern Wi. The weather was too good...the water not cold enough, yet the the boat still caught fish.
28 total for the time fishing. Enjoyed some friends and filmed a Musky Hunter show.

Jerk Baits and suckers accounted for most of the fish. Size went from 28" to 50.50". The boat started 0-7 on sucker strikes, only to come back with a vengeance finishing 10-13.

I was fortunate enough to film a fall sucker/Jerkbait show with Jim Saric over three days while in the northwoods. 45 minutes into the shoot I caught my personal best...a 50.50", 24" girth flowage beauty on a jerkbait. Needless to say it was quite a moment for me, with it being my home lake, the lake my father taught me the game and the significance of it being onfilm. After that we settled in for 8 more fish to 41"...and a show was in the can.

Baits that worked besides suckers were HellHounds, Mantas,Kickin Minnows,bulldawgs. Orange was the color of choice. The water was more stained than ever before..the excess rain in the north made it look like rootbeer.


See this fish on an upcoming episode of the Musky Hunter TV show.


*NOTE: Ya see that picture? THAT is the perfect muskie shot. There's no holding the fish out and making it look like a marlin. He's gettin' low and making a smaller profile of himself YET keeping the fish on the same plane....notice that it's above his knee. THAT is a no bull***t picture right there.
Yep. It's true. I taught him everything he knows. Well, except that whole watch-me-light-this-on-fire-trick. He learned that somewhere else.
Nice fish John! Congradulations!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And finally, this:
I've had a couple trips out that I was gonna write about but screw it. John's trip just pissed on my parade. In a nutshell I've been catching a dozen smallies an hour. So go to a river, throw a wobbling crankbait and burn it in. That's about it...it's just that simple. Now go!

Labels: , , , , , ,