Saturday, May 07, 2005

5/6/05

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Same thing as the previous night. Same lures..same spots.
Buzz (Steve) picked up a couple really nice 15-16" smallies in a local river on wednesday by targeting a bridge that has deeper water under it and some shade. He was using the SliderHead jig and an Orange Hellgie. He also hit the lake with Mike and I and picked up one more. Mike got 3 and I got one on Salmo Bullhead shallow diving crankbaits.

Mike went out on friday during his lunch hour and gives this report:
Picked up a couple smallies but nothing to brag about... but I was working towards my bite-off spot where I lost something with teeth yesterday. One cast with a #2 white mepps and POW a nice fish slammed it as I quarter cast into the hole. Nothing like yesterday's size but as it got closer I could tell it wasn't a smallie.. Hot Damn! a 19" walleye... not fat like a lake fish but still it's a walleye and they aren't that easy to catch out of this river.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Makes me wonder about what I thought was a pike/muskie that screamed past before biting me off yesterday. Hmmmm... Got one more Dink smallie and then my time was up. Back to work...UGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home