Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Spring Panfishing Is On!

Mike here with a quick report... small male Crappies are in the shallows, big females will be soon to follow.

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

We finally found the perch, including some nice ones. Only problem is the 4 jumbos I hooked fell off as I lifted them from the water.. DOH! (I'm not a quick learner) Last year I got a 14" so I know they are out there!!!!

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

Slab gills are in too along with a bonus.. How'd that get there?

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

My step-father Roger Misgen and I had a blast. The fish were picky though, and the bite wasn't steady but the fish were quality.

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

With 25-30 mph wind gusts the casting was difficult but as the front passed through, the sun came out, it warmed up and the wind died... AND so did the bite.

4lb test, 1/16 jig, PowerBait Micros in Chartruese/White was the ticket. On my 9' Rapala ultralight it was a blast! Got bit off also... wonder what that was?

What a great day! With the water being gin clear, a 4lb mono leader was a must. No leader = NO BITES. Didn't waste much time chasing the bass. Panfishing was too much fun. We kept a 4 perch and 2 crappies for the skillet.... released all the rest including the post-spawn walleye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home