Thursday, May 25, 2006

5/25/06 Report: Just no fun anymoe

Hit some local ponds with friends Pete and Randy yesterday. Everyone started with the Chatterbait. Pete got a nice one on his third cast...

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

I of course lost one on my first cast, but what else is new. As Randy said "MAN, you are a shitty fisherman" and I agreed as I finished cussing out another bass. I missed the same fish 6 times right at my feet. Switched to a Big O and got him... but he got me back.

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

Picked up another one in the exact same spot on the next cast. Didn't think one bass would hit 6 times. We were tearing 'em up pretty good and things started to get silly. Randy "Crazy Eyes" Dunlap nailed a nice LM on the blue/black Chatter.

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

After pounding the waters I decided to switch to a topwater and (thanks to Randy's lure rental) was rewarded with a beauty. As you can tell we were having a good time. I tried my best crazy impersonation too... actaully I wasn't really trying at all.

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

Minutes later I cast right at where Randy was fishing only to have a monster explode on my popper. I stood there stupefied as my rod doubled over and then the lure broke free. Obviously this was Randy's fault and I let him know that in my subtle way. @#$%!!!er

All in all it was a great day. I got 6 Largie and 1 Smallie, Pete got 4 Smallies and 3 Largies and Randy got at least 3 or 4, I'm not sure exactly. It's a miracle we dodged the big storms. They lined right up just a mile or so south of us and drifted by. Too bad everyone had to run home to their families so early... I was ready for some pizza and beer.

Oh and I forgot, just as Pete and I were leaving. I decided to try one more spot and jumped in my truck to find a dead battery. Thanks for the jump. That really would have sucked if my wife Gail had to drive out there to pick me up. She'd have brought the rolling pin and a the extra large frying pan for that move.... It's just that I'm having trouble deciding on more fishng gear or a new battery... that's tough one.

Editors Note: This is a fishing report DAVE MIELKE, and not to be taken seriously or spell checked for that matter so BITE ME! BTW do you even get to go fishing anymore. The last time you threw a line in the water the BANJO MINNOW® had just come out... Loser!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home