Tuesday, May 23, 2006

All hail the Chatterbait!

Had a spare hour yesterday afternoon so I ran out to give the Chatterbait a little more testing and see if Friday was a fluke..

It wasn't. Went to the wind blown shoreline and saw schools of large shad (10-12") either feeding or spawning (I can't tell. My shad-speak is a little rusty...) Figured the bass would be close by.

On the first cast...

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

I picked up 5 more about the same size and missed at least 4 that my darn HM40 rod is not strong enough to sink the hooks into. I probably need to sharpen the hooks, but I'll blame the rod... When I got to the end of that section, I switched to the white Chatterbait and went back over the same shoreline....

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

Completely inhaled the entire jig. Got three more Largemouth and missed three fish on my last three casts. All fish were released after a quick photo.

I need a trailer and a stiffer rod. (That didn't come out right, did it?)

Hated to leave but a frying pan was waiting for me at home if I didn't get my @$$ out of there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home