Thursday, May 11, 2006

60 minutes...

18-Smallmouth

9 - Largemouth

60 - Minutes

Lure: Broken, Lipless Salmo Perch

Technique: Walkin the Salmo

Waters: Oh, no problem it's right off off the main road, take a left at NOT! Let's just say it's a Tributary

Unreal bite happening today. If you can, hit any body of water. First three casts with a mepps = nothing. Next three with the Salmo Bullhead™ = nada..

Remembering a tip from Mike Arndt this morning about the topwater bite I look in my box and all I got is the broken Salmo Perch™ with no lip. Oh what the hell, why not... BINGO! Next 11 casts result in 9 smallmouth the smallest 12" the biggest being 17!!!!! Unfortuneately this is secret waters and there was a carload of people watching me catch the fish so I never took a photo or lifted it out of the water. When they rolled their window down and asked I told them i was carp fishing.. HA! (Jumping topwater carp fishing) As soon as they drove on I took another cast and whammo

Image hosting by wtfpix.com


Even took some casts into a pond that connects to the stream via culvert and caught smallmouth in there too... WTF? Some largemouth were mixed in as a bonus (sluggish bonus) Unreal conditions today...just hope the rain holds out as I'm taking an old friend from KY out on the river this evening on the boat. IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE, GET OUT AND FISH NOW!

Here's another one from today:

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

Sure was hard going back to work. All fish were quickly released in great condition. _Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home