Friday, May 11, 2007

Instant report. 5-11-07

Captain Jade Miller has just checked in with this morning's report from the Mississippi.

"Slightly overcast and an air temp in the low 60's greeted me this morning when I arrived at the river at a little after 6. Threw the popper for a little while and did not have anything hit so I went with the old reliable of an 1/8 oz ball jig with a 3" power minnow. Yesterday it was 20:1 drum to whites. This morning it was 3:1 whites to drum. And big whites from the bank. Throw in a largemouth and a small smallie and I was having a bang up morning. Ran out of the power minnows so I put on a 4" jerk minnow on the jig. I think the brand was Rattlesnake. I placed a perfect cast right up against the dam face and had an immediate hit. Then the bronze missle launched. After the first jump I knew I had a good smallie on. He jumped again and now I am ****ing my pants since the line Bill Anderson said to use has not come in yet and I am using the 6lb stuff that I have had snap a few times. I did everything I could to keep that fish off the rocks and moving to slack water. 3 minutes later I got a solid hold of the bottom lip and hoisted up my biggest smallie to date, 19.5 inches. I am leaving work early today and will upload the photos ASAP. I was rattled after that and got 1 more good white. I am still shaking that i got a huge fish like that in on 6lb line."

It is now 8:45am. How's THAT for an up to date fishing report???
It pays to check in to customfish.com.

Later today I'll put up some pictures of a truly AWESOME muskie we did this week. You may have seen some great muskies in your time...but I can say that whatever you have seen does NOT compare to this picture. It truly is one of the top 3 jobs we have ever done. Stay tuned and get ready to see what muskie fishing is really all about.
Plus, later today: (*cue Darth Vader's theme music*) He's BAAAAAACK! The triumphant return of a living legend. Wilson!!!