Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Floatin' & Fishin' on the river: Priceless

Hit the river yesterday evening with Jamie and my friend Mark Vogelsberg. Things started off with a bang as I snapped the tip off Jamies' HM54 rod while hooking up the trolling motor (Cost: $100) I felt bad but Jamie was in suprisingly good spirits so keeping that good vibe going we headed upstream in search of fish.

Had a couple hits but with all the rain the water was moving a little too fast to hold the boat and fish were pushed out of their normal spots. Jamie tried to find them up the tree with his Salmo® Perch. (Cost: $8.99) Further downstream we found an outflow and some slower water... Jamie also found the pattern...

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

They wanted something loud, round and fat (No not an old girlfriend!) like a Minus 1, Salmo Boxer or Subwart. Within minutes we each had several fish in the boat...

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

Then I decided things were going a little too well so I set the hook on a fish and clipped my cell phone right off my belt and into the river... @#$%#$#@#$$$%##@@#@!!!!!! I think were my exact words. (Cost: $150)

I wish I could say that's the first phone I've donated to the river gods... I really do. I'm not going to go into this again.. moving along..

Further downstream things slowed but we came up on a creek mouth with a gravel bar outside the mouth. Normally the bar is out of the water but now it's 6" under and there's wakes everywhere. Why didn't we come here first!!!!! Wham! a double... 6 minutes later we've brought 8 fish to the boat. They are going nuts chasing everything we missed at least that many more. I switched to a #3 white Mepps and had a blast..

Image hosting by wtfpix.com

If it wasn't for the 6 drunken morons on the opposite shoreline screaming at us the entire time, it would have been perfect. "HEY HOW COME YOU'RE CATCHING FISH AND WE'RE NOT" "HEY! YOU IN BOAT!" "HEY WHAT YOU GUYS CATCHING" "HEY YOU'RE WIFE CALLED AND SAID COME HOME" "HEY, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS USING" "HEY THANKS FOR ANSWERING @#@#" "HEY, YOUR BOAT SUCKS, I GOT A PADDLE BOAT FASTER THAN THAT" _White Trash Willy's next gig is at Zanies this weekend if you're interested.. it's a must see!

As it grew dark we decided it was time to head to the Tavern and have some Hot Wings and beer. Still too early for the night bite.

Never a dull moment and we still had a blast for only $258.99. What a bargain and only minutes from home. Think how much damage I could do if we went to Wisconsin.. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home