Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial day weekend








We did a fair amount of fishing this weekend. Mostly short trips. Mike, Jim Jozwiak and I hit the Fox River early saturday morning. I caught 5 or 6, Mike had about the same, and the Jim got the majority coming in at 10 or 11 with some real beauties...I guess we can give him that seeing as how he IS the president of the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance.
Other trips were just short solo trips here and there locally. Found some decent size smallies. Used a variety of presentations. Slider head Jig with various plastics, Chatterbaits, Salmos, Minus Ones, Big-O's.....I tell ya what, if you have any presentation questions just leave them in the comment section below and we'll answer them for you.
I got to get out with my brother Skip for the sundown bit last night at a favorite big-fish pond. I gave him a rod, a chatterbait, and guided him to a couple nice ones including one fish that Mike and I have been trying to catch for a week....Skip got it on the first cast to the reeds. Nice fish!!

Lots of pics from the weekend. Enjoy!







3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 , Blogger J said...

Ok I'm going to say it. I KNOW IT WAS ALL IN FUN BUT FROM NOW ON PLEASE STOP WITH THE IN-FISHERMAN REACH PHOTOS. Man I hate that. I really, really do.

Almost as much as having Joz in my boat or your brother catching MY BASS...

If it's a small fish, it's a small fish. If it's a big fish, it's a big fish. We're not fooling anybody and it looks STUPID. My hand is not bigger than my head. There is no way... hang on a minute.. I take that back... my hand is huge! What the
hell is happening to me... AAAAHHHHHH!

ps. I turned the public comments back on. So lets see who can behave themselves..

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie says:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Do ya think Mike hates it when we hold our fishies WAY out for the camera? I think that's what he's trying to say but he's not being too clear.
D'oh!!!

Ok..ok.. enough with the wacky pictures. Mike is about to blow a gasket.
Heh heh...it was funny though to take a weekend of obnoxious fish pictures in the INFisherman style of jamming the catch up to the lens!
Stay tuned for another installment of Customfish Radio. I'm sure Mike and I will be heading out again this week and we're doing this one LIVE from the water.
Check in often.

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked in about 5 minutes ago and we aren't fishing yet.... how long do I have to wait. Is there enough time for me to use the washroom?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home