Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hayward WI, July 2006

Back from my family trip to Northern Wisconsin. Contrary to what my wife says, I only "seriously" fished about 3 to 6 hours a day at the most... Largest Smallmouth - 21", with at least 1 - 20" smallmouth 9 out of the 10 days. Only 2 walleyes, 17 & 19" but I didn't really try. 2 Muskie follows, none caught (I'm not serious enough, it's too easy to quit and catch bass). Gazillions of Largemouth - largest 21". Many, many crappies largest 14". The best lures for bass were wacky rigged Senko's and Hula Grubs on a slider jighead. Crappies loved the Powerbait Minis (I think they got discontinued DOH!) Walleyes on jig/leech.





Christopher and his cousin Christina caught some nice Crappies off of the dock.





Charlie Jr. got some nice bass!







The weather was in the 80's to 90's almost every day with a full moon phase all week.



My sister Therese and wife Gail enjoyed a drink around the fire and plotted ways to beat Charlie and I in Euchre. (Unsuccessfully I might add)



My son Christopher... just like his old man!





Brother in-law Charlie Maring and I back from a fruitless evening of walleye fishing. Hard to be dissapointed in this setting...








The neighbors Brandon and Cody even got in on the smallmouth action!







My wife Gail pretending to listen as I point out yet another good spot to fish....







Gail and our daughter Rachel make a Crappie donation to the fish fry fund.



Christopher's trophy Largemouth on a Senko/ball jig! I'm so proud!



Gail and I took a day and went to visit our friend Ron & Tina Arder in Phelps. Ron and I managed to sneek out but the girls caught us and wipped up a quick rain dance to wash us out. (Totally uncalled for!)













All the bass were released except for 2 Largemouth that swallowed the hook. We kept some crappies and the two walleyes for the fish fry. Overall a tremendous trip. Thanks again to my mom Patty and her husband Roger Misgen for putting up with all the craziness. Wish we were still there.. you're probably enjoying the silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home